Toad makes it easy to export the output of executed sqlplus queries to excel -xls using toad. Here’s how to do this on the sql prompt. To save the output, you will need to use text formatting options as well as a spool file name. “save SQL query output in excel format”.
Save SQL query output in excel
Using the below script you can save the Oracle SQL query output directly into excel format.
SET PAGESIZE 40000 SET FEEDBACK OFF SET MARKUP HTML ON SET NUM 24 SPOOL /u01/spool_file_name.xls SELECT COUNT * FROM emp; SPOOL OFF SET MARKUP HTML OFF SPOOL OFF
The spool file is generated inside /u01 directory, which is in .xls format. So, this is the best way to generate a spool file into excel format.
You Must Read: RMAN Output in Log
- Convert Physical Standby To Snapshot Standby Database
- Create spool file with timestamp in oracle
- Drop Database Manually in Oracle
- How to Add New Disk in ASM DiskGroup
- How to Check Oracle Instance Size
- How to Check Oracle UPTIME AND STARTUP history?