Today one of my client was facing ora-12528 TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections.
We checked the listener status and found the instance is also blocked in the listener which means the normal user cannot be able to establish a connection from the application side.
Solve ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections
Here is the solution for ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections. We need to add UR=A in tnsnames.ora file. This is the connection descriptor to lift the restriction, for more details check the below screenshot.
$ vi $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
Now try to connect with the database as a sys user, and you will be able to connect.
$sqlplus sys/password@ocp as sysdba ... Connected. SQL> startup mount; SQL> alter database open;
Now the error has been resolved successfully.
- Resolve error in invoking target agent nmhs of makefile
- Purge RECYCLEBIN in Oracle
- How to get tablespace DDL in oracle
- How to create tablespace in Oracle
- Switchover steps in Oracle 11G, 12c, 19c
- Run Expdp Jobs in Background